My name is Mikael Vesavuori, and I
architect, develop and design
experiences & interactions.
Currently I am a Cloud Architect (certified Google Professional Cloud Architect) at Humblebee. Before that, I was a Lead Frontend Developer at Sogeti, and in 2015 I co-founded Being with Nika Persson, whom I continue to work with.
Work and projects in selection
- Prototyping a next-generation system architecture for Polestar and then being in the technical spearhead team, helping lead the implementation with a crew of 50 people
- Helping renowned luxury textile-maker Märta Måås-Fjetterström take almost 100 years of history into a cloud-empowered future
- Writing Figmagic, a design system workflow tool which extracts design tokens and specs from Figma documents
- Presenting about speculative interfaces for students at University of California Santa Cruz
- Leading the Gothenburg team at Sogeti Innovation Hackathon to a 3rd place, with a service innovation concept for Husqvarna
- Conducting content audit and UX vision for the Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts at Gothenburg University
- Creating A Drift, an audio-driven performance focusing on sharing experiences, which has been shown worldwide
- Exhibiting installation-format games as part of a multi-year art exhibition
- Launching a free, vast repository of documents concerning design, art, and related fields
Design and technology should help solve hard problems in society and industry, as well
as give people more room for the moments they love.
Computers are better at computing than people are. New technologies provide the fabric for less obtrusive ways of living around products and services. Ambient, calm, and intelligent technologies — letting computers do what they do best, but a lot less visibly — will enable higher-quality human-human/human-machine interactions and social/service processes, without useless cognitive overhead. We can again begin to talk about the "big" questions with each other, rather than being stuck in our screens filling in for stupid technology.
You can find code I've written over on Github and when I have some time over, I write the occasional article on Medium. Don't be a stranger, so go ahead and connect on LinkedIn or shoot me an email!