My name is Mikael Vesavuori, and I
design + develop
experiences & interactions.
Design and technology should help solve hard problems in society and industry, as well as give people more room for the moments
Computers are better at computing than people are. New technologies are providing the fabric for less obtrusive ways of living around products and services. Ambient, calm, and intelligent technologies — letting computers do what they do best, but a lot less visibly — will enable higher-quality human-human/human-machine interactions and social/service processes, without useless cognitive overhead. We can again begin to talk about the "big" questions with each other, rather than being stuck in our screens filling in for stupid technology.
Currently I am a Frontend Developer at Sogeti. Before that, I co-founded Being with Niklas Persson, whom I continue to work with.
- Helping renowned luxury textile maker Märta Måås-Fjetterström take almost 100 years of history into a cloud-empowered future
- Exhibiting installation-format games as part of a multi-year art exhibition
- Creating A Drift, an audio-driven performance focusing on sharing experiences, which has been shown worldwide
- Presenting about speculative interfaces for students at University of California Santa Cruz
- Launching a free, vast repository of documents concerning design, art, and related fields
- Conducting content audit and UX vision for the Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts at Gothenburg University
- Designing a craft-first beer brand from business to bottle